Nobody likes it when their home and garden, or even their business falls victim to pests. Not only do wild animals pose threats to the health and safety of humans and pets, they can also cause severe property damage.
From destroying your garden to chewing wires inside your home, to pests like foxes killing your livestock and eating crops, protecting your property from wild animals is extremely important.
Effective Prevention Methods
To try and limit the possibility of pests approaching your property in the first place, keep the following in mind:
Protect Your Home
- Identify and seal off any open entries to your home. This could mean fixing torn flyscreens, repairing damaged pipes or even fixing loose or missing roof tiles.
- Spray or spread animal repellents on any surfaces you’re worried might become affected (especially in roof and wall cavities if you think your house might become exposed to feral animals.)
- Trim back any trees and vegetation that make accessing your home easier.
- Install chimney caps and sturdy screens on any vents.
Protect Your Garden
- Border your property with a sturdy fence that’s securely anchored to the ground.
- Ensure any fallen fruit and vegetables are picked up and disposed of.
Protect Your Rubbish
- Ensure rubbish is never overflowing from your bin.
- If need be, secure the lids shut by placing something heavy on the top.
- Keep the area clean.
- If you have a garage or garden shed where you can keep rubbish bins, it will make things easier.
Pest Control Services
In the unfortunate event, animal pests are getting onto your property, the best course of action is to call a pest management company and have the experts handle the issue in a safe and humane way for you.
While you can attempt to trap wild animals yourself, it could prove dangerous and ineffective when you don’t know what you’re doing.
When you enlist the services of an animal pest management company, you can rest assured your pest problem will be taken care of, and all proper procedures will be followed according to Australian law.
There are a number of wild animal repellents available that will help deter wild animals from entering your property or invading your garden. You can get chemical sprays, ultrasonic sound emitters, motion activated sprinklers, and a host of other products.
However, for some pests, such as rats, you can leave out the poison that will kill the pest, without harming humans or pets.
Before you undertake any pest eradication techniques, talk to your local council about what you can or can’t do, or to make things easier on yourself, contact your local pest specialist.
For pest control services in WA and across the rest of Australia, contact Animal Pest Management Services today! We can assist with fox trapping in Australia and all areas of wildlife management.